The team at Baywater Properties is also committed to helping meet community needs in the markets in which we operate our business, through both corporate philanthropy and, perhaps more significantly, the commitment of our time and resources to nonprofit organizations.
- In connection with our transformational redevelopment in downtown Darien, The Corbin District, we created 12 units of supportive housing within two buildings on East Lane, and 2 units of more independent housing within The Corbin District.
- We worked with the Human Services Council of Norwalk for several years in their efforts to create more workforce housing in Norwalk.
- We voluntarily dedicated 1/3 of the apartments we developed at 1020 Boston Post Road in Darien for rental on an affordable basis, with a priority for employees of the Town of Darien.
- We built a 12-studio artists loft in Norwalk for the Wilson Avenue Loft Artists in a former industrial property.
- We worked with the Darien YMCA on a major renovation and expansion involving the construction of a new nursery school, a new gymnastics center and all new energy efficient HVAC systems.